The Admin Dashboard has 3 panels
- The Editor: this is the main panel panel where pages are created and content is edited.
- The Playground: this is where you can preview all the Block types defined in the Blocks schema and all the Page types defined in the Pages schema
- App Settings / Deploy: here the Editor can trigger a rebuild of the static website (if hosted on Netlify or Zeit Now). The Admin may configure the App Name, Deploy configuration and Users.
In the left panel you see the Pages, organized by Page Type. Clicking on a Page you can edit the page content.
The central panel is used to edit content (text, images) and add / remove / sort blocks.
The right panel has 2 tabs:
- Block: to edit the block properties, as defined in the Block schema (for example background color, padding, etc.)
- Document: to edit the page properties, like the name, slug, meta attributes (title, description), or to delete the page.
In the left panel you see all the Block types and, below, all the Page types. Clicking on a Block or Page, you'll see the details on the right.
The central panel shows the default content for a block or a page. Here you can test that the block works as expected with the Wysiwyg editing and the side-edit props.
The right panel has 2 tabs for a Block Type:
- Props edit: where you see the available side-edit props.
- Allowed in: where you see the pages where this block is available
And 2 tabs for a Page Type:
- Block: the usual props editing.
- Page settings: where you see the default status (locked/unlocked, publoshed/draft) and the blocks allowed in this page
Here the Admin user can set the App name and the Deploy settings (build hook), while the Editor user sees only the "Deploy" button to trigger a rebuild. Soon the Admin will be able to invite users from here.
Now that you know the main features of the Admin Dashboard, you may start Building your content Blocks